Our game is best honored with our families, teammates, coaches, friends, opponents, officials, organizers, sponsors and helpers. I am grateful to you all for your role in my 40 + years of volleyball experiences. I wish you all the best opportunities as you each pursue your own aspirations and, when our paths intersect, may we celebrate life enriched by our collective experiences.
Founder / Principal, The Volleyball Practice
The Volleyball Practice (TVP) works with organizations and leaders to help people follow their own path while practicing team philosophies. TVP services, resources and experiences are rooted in the lessons offered by volleyball and its communities, and applied to learning across areas of interest. TVP values the pursuit of understanding and taking action toward individual responsibility and the greater good on and off the volleyball court.
From 2014 through 2019, TVP directly served more than 1500 youth in the Washington DC area with volleyball clinics, open gyms, leagues and competitive team training and travel programs. TVP has worked with young athletes that are also musicians, class leaders, scholars, martial artists, debaters, Boy Scouts, multi-sport athletes WHILE they made an impact with their TVP teams:
- National Club of the Month (Feb 2018), Junior Volleyball Association
- 6 times CHRVA Team Champions at the U14, U16, U17 and U18 divisions. Twice silver medalists and once bronze medalist.
- 15 team tournament championships.
- #3 National Finish, Boys Junior National Championships, Gold Bracket-Club Division (TVP 18)
- Team with 2 TVP athletes named to BJNC All-Tournament Team.
- More than 50 selections to MCPS All-County Team.
- More than 35 selections for USA Volleyball High Performance Program.
- More than 25 TVP Alumni competing with their D1, D2 and D3 collegiate varsity teams and more than 30 playing with their collegiate club team.